The absolute ultimate kit for your 2016+ RZR 900! This clutch kit replaces your entire primary clutch, secondary clutch and all internals. Completely new clutching with the AA high performance clutch kit. For 2016 and newer machines, they went to a BOSS secondary clutch which is cheap and wears out extremely fast, and causes issues. This clutch is the Team Tied version built specifically for the transmission shaft of the 2016+ models. This is the same style clutch that came on the 2014-2015 XP 1000's and other various higher end models throughout the years. This clutch is a great design that works very well and lasts a long time. Switching to this clutch means less belt/clutch issues, better clutch consistency, and better performance. The primary clutch that comes with this kit is the same as the factory clutch, but with AA HD buttons.
The primary clutch will come set up and ready to bolt on if you list your tire size and type. Also let us know if you have made any gearing changes (different tranny gears or portals). If you run tires and paddles please list both and we'll set it up the best way possible to run both. The primary clutch that comes with this kit is the same design as OEM but assembled in house with our HD primary buttons made from a higher grade material(impregnated with Teflon). The clutch also has our HD rollers that are hardened, without a bushing. This means they will last much longer than the OEM Polaris clutch parts. We also tack weld the spider nut when assembling as they are known to back off and cause major issues. This means the clutch is non rebuildable. Keep in mind that when the clutch would need a rebuild, it's normally time for a new one anyways.
The secondary clutch comes professionally set up and is ready to bolt on. It is a Team Tied loaded with our performance helix and spring. This is the same great clutch that came on from the factory in the 2014-2015 years. This clutch actually floats on the shaft which helps keep it aligned at idle, and when under torque.
While we set the weights up for you, every RZR is different and there is a chance weight adjustment may be needed. Checking peak RPM after installation is very important.
Our Recoil clutch weights are easily adjustable with simple magnets. They have a custom AA profile, the BEST coating on the market (nitrocarburizing) which has increased wear resistance, improved fatigue strength, and added surface lubricity. These clutch weights also offer great performance, and the ability to tune for many different applications or modification in the future, without the need to buy extra parts. The magnetic weights are the best option to properly place the mass where we need it on the weight for the best performance for your application.
We offer two kits: Standard Load & High Load. The Standard Load kit is meant for stock or near stock size tires (27"-30") and is the one for most fast pace trail riders or racers. The High Load clutch kit is meant for those with larger tires (31"-32"), mud tires, dune riders, and those with paddles 28" or larger. Mudding and duning are considered high load and must be clutched slightly different. The components for our mud and dune setups (high load) are the same, but you'll notice your setup guideline for the Recoil adjustable weights will be different between those two applications.
Engine Braking Option: Choose between keeping engine braking like factory or removing it. Most faster pace trail riders/racer or dune riders will choose to remove it. Most slower pace riders like mud, crawling or very hilly terrain will keep the EBS in place.
Depending on many factors, we normally see factory secondary clutches start to fail between 1000-2000 miles which can also take our your primary clutch. Replacing both at the same time is the best option.
*3-5 Day Lead Time
- Kits work great with both stock or modified machines
- A simply must-have when running larger tires or paddles
- Much faster acceleration
- Wicked throttle response and quicker downshifts
- More consistent clutch performance
- The secondary clutch floats back and forth on the secondary shaft. This ensures the clutch stays aligned with the primary clutch at all times, even under torque/power.
- Engine braking in the secondary clutch can be removed for more free wheeling when off the throttle
- Less belt slap on the clutch cover which improves belt life and longevity
- Cooler running belt temps (especially when running larger tires or paddles!)
- A great initial setup guideline is included which shows the best setups for dunes, mud, or all around trail riding. This also has brief instructions on installing your clutch kit and other important information.
- Looking for more cooling and to strengthen the clutch towers? You can add our Revolver Clutch Cover to this kit for $195 extra.
- Special tools recommended for installation: primary clutch puller, Tied clutch belt removal tool
Polaris RZR 900 (2016+)