Our Stage 2 clutch kit packs a huge punch! No matter the terrain, they hit hard and just keep pulling for days. On the trail or at the race you'll notice wicked acceleration and instant clutch response when getting back into the throttle after hammering that corner. In the dunes you'll see the same benefits, but also have much less bogging when climbing that big dune. The machine will hold RPM so you can get where you need to go, and get there faster! Our mud setup will help turn those tires through the thick and deep with much better RPM and wheel speed that's key to climbing out of that hole. Our smooth engagement and precise feel down low will give you the confidence to tackle any obstacle. We have a huge amount of CVT knowledge, a great passion for the sport, and spent many hours testing different setups in the real world. We know you'll be extremely pleased with the performance gain from our clutch kits!
Big performance gains as these 3 cylinder motors love to rev! The factory clutches these heavy, making them ramp up RPM slowly. Once you ride a properly clutched X3 that ramps up RPM quickly, you'll see the major difference.
Our Recoil clutch weights are easily adjustable with simple magnets. They have a custom AA profile, the BEST coating on the market(nitrocarburizing) which has increased wear resistance, improved fatigue strength, and added surface lubricity. These clutch weights also offer great performance, and the ability to tune for many different applications or modification in the future, without the need to buy extra parts. The magnetic weights are the best option to properly place the mass where we need it on the weight for best performance for your application.
Select your exact year/model which lets us know what weights to send you as the clutch casting is different between some years and models. 2017 X3's and 2018 120HP Base X3's (Kit 108-1008-A) use the same clutch movable sheave casting(OEM Part #420280608), while 2018+ 172HP X3's (Kit 108-1008-B) use the new style clutch casting(OEM Part # 420280461) with the metal sliders. This is a very minor change, but our weights are tight enough to need proper clearance for each specific casting. If you upgraded your older style casting to a new one, please let us know in the order notes.
Target peak RPM for stock or any other tune with the rev limit set between 8300-8700 RPM is 7700-7900 RPM. For AA tunes and other tunes with an 8800-9000 RPM rev limit, target should be 7900-8300. Testing should be done on a somewhat level ground from a 10-20mph roll on to full WOT and RPM checked as passing by 55-60MPH.
- Our setup guideline will let you know how to set your weights for stock horsepower to 200rwhp, 28" - 32" tires, 28" - 32" paddle tires, different altitudes & more.
- Fully adjustable magnetic weights are easy to use, and with our special tool are also easy to adjust
- Adjustable from 50 to 64 grams. Weights have more tip weight and act heavier. This means they also accelerate and up shift much harder.
- A must have when changing tires, tuning your machine, or running paddles
- Big acceleration gains an better power transfer to the rear wheels.
- Close to stock engagement which is very smooth (Higher engagement springs available if needed)
- Our special clutch tool, clutch compression tool and clutch puller are needed to install this clutch kit.
- Recoil magnetic adjustable clutch weights
- Primary spring
- Setup guideline
Can Am Maverick X3
*Does NOT work with X3 RR models