Can Am X3 (2020) 195 HP Turbo RR ECU Power Flash
All our heavy tune development is performed on our engine dyno rather than a wheel dyno. We do this for two reasons; First, an engine dyno removes the CVT drive system from the tuning equation. The CVT will always try to keep the engine REVs at within a narrow RPM range during a power sweep whereas our engine dyno can sweep the entire operating range of the engine. Secondly, the engine dyno can hold RPM's at very specific values which allows us to tune those areas, throttle openings and load levels without the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) varying the load and RPM.
Tuning the engine outside of the CVT allows us to deliver a more refined tune and eliminates all of the variables (tire size, clutching, strap tension, etc) which result in the incredible spectrum of dyno figures published for this vehicle. For example, the stated dyno numbers for a bone stock 2020 X3 RR among our shop and others varied by over 20 WHP! All vehicles were tested on the same manufacturer dyno. This is ridiculous!
The factory rates the power of their engines at the crank and we do too. You can see from our dyno graphs that the power curves are extremely flat - in fact our tunes make within 6 horsepower of peak power over a 1200 rpm range! This means that even if your clutching is 500 or more RPMs off, your X3 will be sacrificing only a few ponies!
- Revised intercooler fan settings - Makes the OEM intercooler far more effective!
- Left foot braking enabled for 2 foot operation
- Improved boost response / low to midrange power improvements
- Speed limits raised / TQ limits removed in Low & High Gear
- Low & High Gear rev limit increased from 8300 to 9000 RPMS
- Speed limiter raised
- Improved throttle response in all modes (E-Gas Settings Improved) - Linear throttle rather than the lazy pedal the factory has programmed
- Radiator cooling fan triggered sooner to keep coolant temperature in check on hot days and long pulls
- Race Start – No need to press the brake to start vehicle
- Fueling is corrected for the various stages so no fuel controllers are needed
- Wheel Dyno Tested - Engine Dyno Tested
- High Elevation Tested - Glamis / Dumont Extreme Heat Tested
- More Boost!
- Industry exclusive 2-Step Launch Control available!
Big Injector Stage Tune Details:
For all Stage 4 Tunes and higher (22+ lbs of boost) we highly recommend our Plenum Reinforcement Brace or Torrent-F Intake Plenum!
Stage 4 X100 and Stage 5 E85
- Make 245 Crank HP!
- These tunes are extremely potent and refined and do not need any additional hardware except for our EVP Big Injectors and Adapter HarnessesClutching highly recommended
Stage 5 X85
- This tune is on an entirely different level - Making nearly 27 lbs of boost at sea level and 255 crank horsepower! That's about the same power level as our 2017-2019 Stage 6 Big Turbo kit!
- Requires our direct replacement Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit and Plug-n-Play Wiring Harness Relay. The OEM fuel pump is a very low capacity, low pressure 155 liter per hour pump which is not capable of supplying enough fuel for the X85 upgrade at 27 lbs of boost. Our pump is a 265 liter per hour, high pressure pump that is used in our Big Turbo Systems.
NOTE: Due to the limitations of the factory 2020RR turbocharger, all rated boost pressures are at sea level and modest air temperatures.
The 2020 Can Am X3 RR is Such an Amazing Machine, it Deserved an Enhanced EVP Dyno Testing & Field Testing Regimen in Order to Bring You Only THE Best Tunes Available, Anywhere.
Field testing the beta stock injector and stock turbo tunes was started in St Anthony, ID. Conditions could not have been worse for a SXS. 93 Degrees F and 5500' elevation created a density altitude of 9300'. Once we proved the tunes there, we drove straight to Glamis, CA for some of the worst torture testing we have ever done on any vehicle previously. First we filled up our X3 with poor California 91 Octane fuel and with ambient temperatures at 110 Deg F, we ran each tune on both Oldsmobile and at the Sand Drags over and over again. We are confident our tuning is the most thoroughly tested in the industry.
Podium proven time and time again, we relentlessly test and push limits to ensure our riders get the horsepower, boost and performance they CRAVE! Various power levels and performance tunes are available for both Stock and Big Injectors. See the charts below to help choose which Stage is right for you.
STOCK INJECTOR POWER FLASH STAGES
|HP||BOOST (LBS)||WASTEGATE CRACK PRESSURE (LBS)||FUEL (OCTANE)||RECOMMENDED EXHAUST|
STOCK OR AFTERMARKET
||91||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
||91||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
||93||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
BIG INJECTOR POWER FLASH STAGES
|ECU POWER FLASH STAGE||HP||BOOST (LBS)||WASTEGATE CRACK PRESSURE (LBS)||FUEL (OCTANE)||RECOMMENDED EXHAUST|
|STAGE 3BI||210||20||12||91||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
|STAGE 4 X100||245||24||12||100||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
|STAGE 5||245||24||12||E85||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
|STAGE 5 X85||255||27||12||E85||STOCK OR AFTERMARKET|
Can Am Maverick X3 195 HP TURBO RR (2020)